Reckless Driving Lawyers Caroline County VA
Reckless Driving in Caroline County VA is strictly enforced. Caroline County is a small, rural county located along Interstate 95. Tucked between the capital of Richmond and Washington D.C. This corridor generates a significant amount of traffic. As such, State Troopers and Caroline Deputy Sheriffs are always on patrol. They dedicate a significant amount of resources to the highway patrol. If you have been accused of reckless driving in Caroline County VA, then you need help. An experienced Caroline County Reckless Driving Lawyer can protect you. In fact, a motorist can be convicted of Reckless Driving for speeding 11 miles per hour over the limit. A conviction for Reckless Driving can jeopardize your freedom and your future.
CAUTION: A reckless driving conviction will on average increase the automobile insurance premium by 73% or $1,046 EACH YEAR, according to a study conducted by Insurance.com
Virginia Reckless Driving Penalties
A reckless driving violation is a criminal offense that can be punished as follows:
- $2,500 fine
- 6 months loss of driving privileges [Except Racing Cases]
- Automobile Insurance Policy increases if convicted
- Assessment of 6 DMV demerit points
- Loss of employment or employment opportunities
Experienced Reckless Driving Defense Attorneys Caroline County
Riley & Wells Attorneys-At-Law is an established local law firm. Our attorneys represent clients in the Caroline Courts charged with reckless driving. We have accumulated over 40 years of combined reckless driving traffic law experience. Our lawyers are routinely recognized for legal excellence and ethical standards by the community. We are the skilled Caroline County Reckless Driving Lawyers that clients want representing them. If you are serious about quality representation, then call us. We examine every reckless driving allegation in great detail. We will use every resource the law allows to secure our clients the best possible outcome under the law.
Caroline County Reckless Driving Client Review
Caroline County Reckless Driving Speeding Attorneys
Excessive speeding is the most frequently enforced reckless driving law in Caroline County. Caroline County Deputy Sheriffs commonly patrol Routes 301 & 207 in the county. State Troopers are often found enforcing reckless driving laws on Interstate 95 every day. The law is clear. Speeding 20 miles per hour or more above the speed limit OR over 80 miles per hour is a violation. Reckless Driving allegations are set for trial every Wednesday and Friday in the Caroline General District Court. Each case is different. The facts of every case vary. We have the necessary specific knowledge and expertise. We will navigate your reckless driving case thru the Caroline Courts. We can help you get the best outcome possible.
Virginia law criminalizes other forms of driving behaviors as reckless driving as follows:
- 46.2-852 General recklessness
- 46.2-853 Fail to Maintain Proper Control
- 46.2-854 Passing on a grade or on a curve
- 46.2-855 Driving with view obstructed/control impaired
- 46.2-856 Passing two vehicles abreast
- 46.2-857 Driving two abreast in a single lane
- 46.2-858 Passing at a railroad grade crossing
- 46.2-859 Passing a School Bus
- 46.2-860 Failing to give proper signals
- 46.2-861 Driving too fast for conditions
- 46.2-861.1 Failure to “Move Over” or Yield to Stationary Emergency Vehicle
- 46.2-862 Speeding over 80 mph or over 20 mph above the limit
- 46.2-863 Failure to yield
- 46.2-864 Recklessness in parking lots, etc
- 46.2-865 Racing
- 46.2-865.1 Injuring or causing death of another while racing; penalties
- 46.2-866 Racing; aiders or abettors
- 46.2-867 Racing; seizure of motor vehicle
- 46.2-868.1 Aggressive Driving
Caroline VA Reckless Driving Speeding 89/70 mph DISMISSED
In this case, our Caroline VA lawyers defended an excessive speeding offense on Interstate 95. Our client knew she was speeding, but she was in a hurry. She had no idea that she would be charged with a misdemeanor criminal offense for simply speeding. She was not aware – like many motorists – that speeding in this context was a criminal offense. Our attorneys were able to put together favorable evidence and arguments. We were able to protect our client when we presented the case to the Court on the trial date. We convinced the Judge to dismiss the case. Naturally, our client was relieved to not be convicted of a criminal offense.
Contact Us today for a free evaluation of YOUR case!
11/10/2015 | Updated 7/10/2019