Petersburg VA Reckless Driving Lawyer
Riley & Wells Attorneys-At-Law is a prestigious local Petersburg VA law firm. Our lawyers specialize in defending reckless driving cases. We represent clients before the Courts every week. Our attorneys have over 45 years of collective experience. We are routinely recognized for superior legal ability and the highest ethical standards. A skilled attorney who regularly defends reckless driving cases in the Petersburg Courts will improve your chances that you successfully resolve your case.
CAUTION: A Petersburg VA reckless driving conviction will on average increase the automobile insurance premium by 73% or $1,046 EACH YEAR, according to a study conducted by Insurance.com
Experienced Petersburg VA Reckless Driving Lawyers
The City of Petersburg is patrolled by the Petersburg Police and the Virginia State Police. The state troopers can usually be found patrolling both Interstates 95 & 85, which join in Petersburg VA. The city police officers typically focus their patrols on Route 460 and Crater Road. The Reckless Driving Speeding law pursuant to Va. Code 46.2-862 is the most enforced reckless driving law. Driving a motor vehicle at a speed of 20 mph or more above the speed limit is reckless driving. We know how police officers gather speed evidence and present their case to the court. We know what defense arguments work.
Reckless Driving Defense Attorney Client Reviews – Petersburg Virginia
Virginia Reckless Driving Penalties
- Maximum 12 months in jail
- Maximum $2,500 fine
- Loss of driving privileges
- Moving violation demerit points
- Permanent misdemeanor conviction
Petersburg VA Attorneys Specializing in Reckless Driving Defense
The Virginia reckless driving law is strict. A reckless driving conviction can negatively affect you in many ways. If you have been accused of reckless driving in Petersburg VA, then it would be in your best interests to engage an experienced lawyer for assistance. We will examine your case and use every resource the law allows to secure you the best possible outcome under the law. The facts of each case can vary, but we have the expertise to select the best defenses and arguments for your particular circumstances.
Riley & Wells Attorneys-At-Law Defend Petersburg VA Reckless Driving Cases
- 46.2-852 General recklessness
- 46.2-853 Fail to maintain proper control
- 46.2-854 Passing on a grade or on a curve
- 46.2-855 View obstructed/control impaired
- 46.2-856 Passing two vehicles abreast
- 46.2-857 Driving two abreast in same lane
- 46.2-858 Passing at a railroad crossing
- 46.2-859 Passing a stopped school bus
- 46.2-860 Failing to give proper signals
- 46.2-861 Driving too fast conditions
- 46.2-861.1 Failure to “Move Over” or Yield to Stationary Emergency Vehicle
- 46.2-862 Excessive speed
- 46.2-863 Failure to yield
- 46.2-864 Recklessness on parking lots, etc
- 46.2-865 Racing
- 46.2-865.1 Injury or death while racing
- 46.2-866 Racing; aiders or abettors
- 46.2-867 Racing; seizure of motor vehicle
- 46.2-868.1 Aggressive Driving
Petersburg VA Reckless Driving 85/35
Our attorneys represented a client who was charged with reckless driving for driving 85mph in a 35 mph zone. The client was scared of receiving a jail sentence and losing driving privileges. We were successful with our representation and met all of the client’s objectives. No jail sentence, no loss of driving privileges and no misdemeanor reckless driving conviction. We convinced the Judge to find our client NOT GUILTY of reckless driving. The case was reduced to improper driving, which is a low level minor infraction.
Petersburg VA Reckless Driving Client Review
Contact Us today for a free evaluation of YOUR case!
11/10/2015 | Uploaded 9/14/2020