Staunton VA Reckless Driving Lawyer
Virginia is one of the strictest states in the Country for reckless driving. Law enforcement in Staunton VA is dedicated to enforcing the reckless driving laws on Interstates 81 & 64, and other area highways. Excessive speed can quickly escalate into a criminal misdemeanor reckless driving offense. A reckless driving conviction will negatively affect your future. Riley & Wells Attorneys-At-Law is an experienced Staunton VA law firm that defends these cases. We have over 45 years of collective reckless driving law experience.
CAUTION: A Staunton VA reckless driving conviction will on average increase the automobile insurance premium by 73% or $1,046 EACH YEAR, according to Insurance.com
Reckless Driving Lawyers Staunton VA
Motorists who are serious about their future and driving privileges seek professional representation. Riley & Wells Attorneys-At-Law has been recognized as a “Best Law Firm” for criminal & traffic law defense by U.S. News & World Report. Our law firm is also rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell for superior legal ability and high ethical standards. Our lawyers have the necessary experience and local knowledge to best defend your Staunton VA reckless driving case.
Top Rated Staunton VA Reckless Driving Attorney Client Reviews
Virginia Reckless Driving Penalties – Staunton VA
- Maximum 12 months in jail
- Maximum $2,500 fine
- Loss of driving privileges
- Community Service
- Driver Improvement Programs
- Potential Employment Problems
- Increased Automobile Insurance Rates
- Permanent criminal record
Staunton VA Reckless Driving Speeding Attorneys
The Virginia Reckless Driving Speeding law pursuant to Va. Code 46.2-862 is a frequently enforced reckless driving provision in Staunton VA. Driving 20 mph or more above the speed limit OR in excess of 85 mph is reckless driving. The maximum speed limit on the Interstate in Staunton VA is 70 mph. A motorist can be convicted of Reckless Driving for driving 86 mph on the Interstate. Many of our clients find themselves in this predicament. Our lawyers have the expertise to select the best defenses for your case.
Riley & Wells Attorneys-At-Law Defend Staunton VA Reckless Driving Cases
- 46.2-852 General rule
- 46.2-853 Fail to maintain proper control
- 46.2-854 Passing on a grade or on a curve
- 46.2-855 View obstructed/control impaired
- 46.2-856 Passing two vehicles abreast
- 46.2-857 Driving two abreast
- 46.2-858 Passing at a railroad crossing
- 46.2-858 Passing a school bus
- 46.2-860 Failing to give proper signals
- 46.2-861 Driving too fast conditions
- 46.2-861.1 Failure to “Move Over” or Yield to Stationary Emergency Vehicle
- 46.2-863 Failure to yield right-of-way
- 46.2-864 Recklessness on parking lots, etc
- 46.2-865 Racing
- 46.2-865.1 Injury or death while racing
- 46.2-866 Racing; aiders or abettors
- 46.2-867 Racing; seizure of motor vehicle
- 46.2-868.1 Aggressive driving
- 46.2-869 Improper driving
Staunton VA Reckless Driving Speeding NOT GUILTY
Our Staunton VA reckless driving attorneys represented a client who was pulled over on Interstate 81 by a Police Officer for reckless driving in violation of Va. Code 46.2-862 due to excessive speed. Our client feared a criminal misdemeanor conviction would wreck his career. Our attorneys persuaded the Judge to significantly reduce the misdemeanor reckless driving to the lesser offense of defective equipment. Defective equipment is not a criminal offense and does not carry moving violation demerit points.
Staunton VA Reckless Driving Attorney Client Review
Contact Us today for a free evaluation of YOUR case!