Mecklenburg County VA Reckless Driving Lawyer
Reckless driving is aggressively enforced throughout Mecklenburg County VA by the Mecklenburg Sheriff’s Office and the Virginia State Police. Interstate 85 & Route 58 are the County’s major highways that tend to capture the most enforcement. Reckless driving is a class 1 misdemeanor criminal offense that has serious penalties if convicted. In fact, the penalties for a reckless driving conviction in Virginia are some of the strictest in the nation. An allegation is NOT a conviction. We can help!
CAUTION: A reckless driving conviction will on average increase the automobile insurance premium by 73% or $1,046 EACH YEAR, according to a study conducted by Insurance.com
Virginia Reckless Driving Penalties Are Harsh
- Maximum 12 month jail sentence
- Maximum $2,500 fine
- Loss of driving privileges
- Permanent criminal conviction
- Increased automobile premiums
- Moving violation demerit points
- Community service
- Driver improvement programs
Experienced Reckless Driving Defense Attorneys Mecklenburg VA
Riley & Wells is a prominent law firm that specializes in defending Mecklenburg County VA reckless driving cases. Our attorneys represent clients accused of reckless driving in the Mecklenburg General District Court. We are dedicated to client service. Our Mecklenburg VA Reckless Driving Attorneys have over 45 years of combined experience. Our law firm has been recognized as a “Best Law Firm” for legal excellence and high ethical standards. Contact a professional for a free consultation.
Top Rated Mecklenburg County VA Reckless Driving Client Reviews
Reckless Driving is a Misdemeanor Criminal Offense in Virginia
Reckless Driving in Mecklenburg County VA is serious business. If the police have issued a Mecklenburg VA reckless driving ticket to you, then you need help. An experienced Mecklenburg VA Reckless Driving Lawyer can protect your best interests. CAUTION: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPRESENT YOURSELF WITHOUT FIRST CONSULTING AN ATTORNEY. A motorist may be convicted of a criminal offense for driving 16 mph over the limit on Interstate 85. The speed limit on Interstate 85 in Mecklenburg County is 70 mph. Virginia law 46.2-862 states that speed over 85 mph is a reckless driving violation. A reckless driving conviction may also jeopardize your career.
Riley & Wells Attorneys-At-Law Defend Mecklenburg VA Reckless Driving Cases
- 46.2-852 General recklessness
- 46.2-853 Fail to maintain proper control
- 46.2-854 Passing on a grade or curve
- 46.2-855 View obstructed/control impaired
- 46.2-856 Passing two vehicles abreast
- 46.2-857 Driving two abreast
- 46.2-858 Passing at a railroad crossing
- 46.2-859 Passing a stopped school bus
- 46.2-860 Failing to give proper signals
- 46.2-861 Driving too fast conditions
- 46.2-861.1 Failure to “Move Over” or Yield to Stationary Emergency Vehicle
- 46.2-862 Speeding
- 46.2-863 Failure to yield
- 46.2-864 Parking lots
- 46.2-865 Racing
- 46.2-865.1 Injury or death while racing
- 46.2-866 Racing; aiders or abettors
- 46.2-867 Racing; seizure of motor vehicle
- 46.2-868.1 Aggressive Driving
Mecklenburg County VA Reckless Driving Case Dismissed
Route 58 is a heavily enforced highway in Mecklenburg County, VA. In this case, our reckless driving lawyers represented an out-of-state client. We represent clients from other states every week. The allegation involved reckless wrong-way driving. Our client was unfamiliar with the area. The Deputy Sheriff charged our client with reckless driving. We pointed out important evidence. No other vehicles were in the area. No evidence of impairment. No endangerment. The Court dismissed the case.
Mecklenburg County VA Reckless Driving Client Review
Let us review YOUR case. We can help!