Greensville Emporia VA Lawyers Riley & Wells for Criminal & Traffic Law
Free Case Evaluation
Riley & Wells Attorneys-At-Law, PLLC, is a limited liability company that is registered to practice law with the Commonwealth of Virginia State Corporation Commission. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law by the Virginia State Bar. We are a local law firm that represents clients every week before the City of Emporia/Greensville County Virginia Circuit, General District, and Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Courts. Virginia is a large state and we believe that clients are better represented by local attorneys who regularly appear before the same Courts.
Greensville County/Emporia Circuit Court
Hon. Linda B. Edwards
Phone: (434) 348-4215
Clerk’s Office Hours
8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
337 South Main Street
- Hon. William Allan Sharrett, Presiding Judge
- Hon. William Edward Tomko III, Chief Judge
- Hon. Carson E. Saunders Jr.
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 1st Tuesday, Feb., April, June, Aug., Oct., & Dec.
- Motions Day, 1st and 3rd Friday, each month.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- All cases set on Term Day.
- Civil cases set by court administrator.
- Court convenes 9:00 a.m. (criminal and civil)
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized in chancery causes and some divorce cases.
- Instructions must be submitted 5 days prior to trial.
- Local rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.
Greensville County/Emporia General District Court
Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Combined Court
Ms Janell Monique Wilson
Phone: (434) 634-5400
Clerk’s Office Hours
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
315 South Main Street
General District Judges
- Hon. Bruce A. Clark Jr., Chief Judge
- Hon. Churchill Ridley Bain
- Hon. Elbert D. Mumphery
- Hon. Lyndia P. Ramsey
- Hon. Harold Lee Townsend III
Juvenile and Domestic Relations Judges
- Hon. Jacqueline R. Waymack, Chief Judge
- Hon. Christopher B. Ackerman
- Hon. Wallace W. Brittle Jr.
General District Court Monday 8:30 a.m., Advisements/Bond Hearings/Prison Commitments 9:00 a.m., State Police Traffic (Greensville & Emporia) 10:00 a.m., State Police Traffic/Criminal Attorney (Greensville & Emporia) Tuesday 8:30 a.m., Advisements/Bond Hearings/Prison Commitments 9:00 a.m., Criminal (Greensville & Emporia) 10:00 a.m., Court Collections (4th Tuesday) 11:00 a.m., VASAP (2nd Tuesday - Greensville & Emporia) Wednesday 8:30 a.m., Advisements/Bond Hearings/Prison Commitments 9:00 a.m., Traffic (Greensville) 9:00 a.m., Traffic Attorney (Greensville) Thursday 8:30 a.m., Advisements/Bond Hearings 9:00 a.m., Traffic (Emporia) 10:00 a.m., Civil (Greensville & Emporia) 11:00 a.m., Traffic Attorney (Emporia) 1:00 p.m., Contested Civil (Greensville & Emporia) Friday Protracted Criminal, Misc. Motions & Pleadings, Contested Civil Juvenile & Domestic Relations Monday (1st & 3rd - Greensville) (2nd & 4th - Emporia) 8:30 a.m., Advisements 9:00 a.m., Bond Hearings/Detention Hearings 9:30 a.m., Juvenile Traffic/Criminal 10:30 a.m., Adult Criminal 1:30 p.m., Protective Orders and Contested Civil Thursday (1st - Greensville) (4th - Emporia) 8:30 a.m., Advisements 9:00 a.m., Bond Hearings/Detention Hearings 9:30 a.m., Custody/Visitation and Support 1:30 p.m., Protective Orders & Contested Civil 2nd Thursday 8:30 a.m., Advisements 9:00 a.m., Bond Hearings/Detention Hearings 9:30 a.m., DSS - Greensville 10:30 a.m., DSS - Emporia 1:30 p.m., Contested DSS 3rd Thursday 8:30 a.m., Advisements 9:00 a.m., Bond Hearings/Detention Hearings 9:30 a.m., DCSE - Greensville 11:00 a.m., DCSE - Emporia 1:30 p.m., Restricted License
First continuance granted by Clerk; subsequently granted by Judge.