Brunswick County Lawyers Riley & Wells for Criminal & Traffic Defense
Free Case Evaluation
Riley & Wells Attorneys-At-Law, PLLC, is a limited liability company that is registered to practice law with the Commonwealth of Virginia State Corporation Commission. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law by the Virginia State Bar. We are a local law firm that represents clients every week in Lawrenceville VA before the Brunswick County Virginia Circuit, General District, and Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Courts. Lawrenceville is the county seat of Brunswick County. Virginia is a large state and we believe that clients are better represented by local attorneys who regularly appear before the same Courts.
Brunswick Circuit Court
Hon. Jacqueline Seward Morgan
Phone: (434) 848-2215
Clerk’s Office Hours
8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
216 North Main Street
- Hon. William Allan Sharrett, Presiding Judge
- Hon. William Edward Tomko III, Chief Judge
- Hon. Carson E. Saunders Jr.
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms of Court begin the 4th Tuesday of February, April, June, August, October, and the 3rd Tuesday of December.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- All cases are set on Term Day.
- Civil Court convenes 9:00 a.m.; Criminal court convenes at 9:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized as determined by court.
- Instructions must be submitted 5 days prior to trial.
- Local rules adopted pursuant to Section 8.01-4.
- Brunswick Circuit Court requires a self-addressed, stamped envelope to send a copy of a final order to counsel or a litigant.
Brunswick General & Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Courts
Ms Susan Evans Martin
Phone: (434) 848-2315
Clerk’s Office Hours
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Albertis S. Harrison Jr. Courthouse
1. Midriffs/stomachs are to be covered at all times.
2. No halter-tops, tank-tops, muscle shirts or one shoulder tops are to be worn.
Backs are to be covered at all times.
3. No mini skirts or shorts allowed.
4. With religious and medical exception:
no hats, headscarves, headbands, or kerchiefs may be worn.
5. Shoes must be worn at all times.
6. No exposed underwear.
7. No clothing with obscene or vulgar wording or pictures.
8. Trousers are to be worn at the waist line
and shirttails are to be tucked in.
General District Judges
- Hon. Churchill Ridley Bain, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Bruce A. Clark Jr., Chief Judge
- Hon. Elbert D. Mumphery
- Hon. Lyndia P. Ramsey
- Hon. Harold Lee Townsend III
Juvenile and Domestic Relations Judges
- Hon. Christopher B. Ackerman, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Wallace W. Brittle Jr., Presiding Judge
- Hon. Jacqueline R. Waymack, Chief Judge
General District Court Civil (1st, 3rd, 4th & 5th Fridays) 9:00 a.m., Civil Cases 10:00 a.m., Contested Civil Cases Brunswick County Town and Traffic (Wednesdays) 8:30 a.m., Advisements 9:00 a.m., Attorney Cases 11:00 a.m., Public Cases 1:30 p.m., Public Cases 2:00 p.m., Bond Hearings Criminal (1st & 2nd Thursdays) 8:30 a.m., Advisements 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Criminal Hearings 2:00 p.m., Bond Hearings & Protective Order Hearings State Troopers Traffic (3rd, 4th & 5th Thursdays) 8:30 a.m., Advisements 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., Attorney Cases 11:00 a.m., Public Cases 1:30 p.m., Public Cases 2:00 p.m., Bond Hearings Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Court Mondays (1st, 3rd & 4th) NO ADVISEMENTS 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Civil Cases 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m., Contested Civil Cases & Protective Order Hearings Tuesdays (1st, 3rd & 4th) 10:00 a.m., Advisements 10:20 a.m., Traffic Hearings 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Criminal Hearings 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., Criminal Hearings & Protective Order Hearings 2nd Tuesday 1000 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., DCSE cases 1:00 pm. to 2:30 p.m., DCSE Cases & Protective Order Hearings 2:30 p.m., Advisements
First continuance granted by Clerk, second by Judge.