Northampton County VA Reckless Driving & Traffic Lawyers
Eastville, VA 23347
Free Case Evaluation
Riley & Wells Attorneys-At-Law, PLLC, is a limited liability company that is registered to practice law with the Commonwealth of Virginia State Corporation Commission. Our attorneys are licensed to practice law by the Virginia State Bar. Our office is located on “Lawyers Row” in the Historic Court Green in Eastville. We routinely represent clients before the Northampton County VA General District Court. Eastville is the county seat of Northampton County. Virginia is a large state and we believe that clients are better represented by attorneys who regularly appear before the same Courts.
Northampton County VA Circuit Court
Hon. Traci L. Johnson
Phone: (757) 678-0465
Clerk’s Office Hours
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
P. O. Box 36
- Hon. James Clayton Lewis, Chief Judge
- Hon. Tanya Bullock
- Hon. Kevin M. Duffan
- Hon. Afshin Farashahi
- Hon. Steven C. Frucci
- Hon. William Revell Lewis III
- Hon. Stephen C. Mahan
- Hon. Anne Bonwill Shockley
Terms of Court and General Information
- Terms begin, 2nd Monday, Jan., March, May, July, Sept., & Nov.
- Grand Juries, 1st day of Term.
- Docket call held the 2nd Monday in Jan., March, May, July, Sept., & Nov. at 10:00 a.m.
- Court convenes 9:30 a.m.
- Motions and other pretrial hearings will be heard on the 2nd Friday of each month at 9:30 a.m. by scheduling a hearing with Court’s Judicial Assistant to be placed on the motions docket for that day.
- Cases set by writtten request submitted one (1) business day previous to docket call, or by praecipe, followed by appearance at docket call held on 2nd Monday (Term Day) of odd months at 10:00 a.m.
- Commissioners in Chancery are utilized.
- Supreme Court Deed Calculation Page is required as the cover sheet for all land recordings. Tax Map Numbers are required.
- All civil filings require a (Form CC-1416) Cover Sheet for Filing Civil Actions.
- Arraignments: Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. by the General District Court; Mondays at 11:30 a.m. by the J&DR Court (domestic and juvenile related indictments only).
Northampton County VA General District Court
Ms. Karen Sparrow Merritt
Phone: (757) 678-0466
Clerk’s Office Hours
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
5229 The Hornes
- Hon. Gordon S. Vincent, Presiding Judge, Chief Judge
- Hon. Patrick A. Robbins
Monday 10:00 a.m., Civil Returns and Unlawful Detainers 11:00 a.m., Civil Contested Cases 1:30 p.m., Contested Civil or Miscellaneous (Scheduled by Judge) Tuesday 9:00 a.m., Traffic - State Police 10:00 a.m., Traffic - Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel 11:00 p.m., Traffic - State Police 1st - Virginia Park Police 2nd - Game Wardens 3rd, 4th - Virginia Marine Police 1:30 p.m., Traffic - Exmore Wednesday 9:00 a.m., Traffic - Northampton County Sheriffs 10:00 a.m., Traffic - Eastville 11:00 a.m., 3rd - VASAP, Community Corrections Pre-Trial Services 1:30 p.m., 1st, 2nd - Contested DUI Cases (Scheduled by attys & Clerk) 3rd, 4th, 5th - Contested Civil or Miscellaneous (Scheduled by Judge) Thursday 9:30 a.m., Arraignments 10:00 a.m., Misdemeanors 11:00 a.m., Preliminary Hearings 1:30 p.m., Contested Civil or Miscellaneous (Scheduled by Judge) Friday (1st, 4th & 5th) 9:00 a.m., Contested Civil or Miscellaneous (Scheduled by Judge) 10:00 a.m., Contested Civil or Miscellaneous (Scheduled by Judge)
Traffic cases: A first continuance may be granted by the clerk, but only to the police officer’s next scheduled court date. Subsequent continuances by Judge only. Criminal cases: Contact the clerk and the Commonwealth’s Attorney (if involved). Judge’s approval may be required. Civil cases: Contact the clerk and the opposing party or attorney. Before the first return date, the clerk may continue cases when the process has not yet been served, and after service, with the agreement of all parties. Subsequent continuances by Judge only. Continuances of scheduled contested cases by Judge only, for good cause.
We can help! Let us review YOUR case!
7/12/2021 | Updated 4/24/2023