Northampton County VA Reckless Driving Lawyer
Reckless driving is aggressively enforced throughout Northampton County VA by the Northampton Sheriff’s Office, State Police and the other law enforcement agencies that patrol the area. U.S. Route 13 is the County’s major highway that tends to capture the most enforcement. Reckless driving is a class 1 misdemeanor criminal offense that has serious penalties if convicted. In fact, the penalties for a reckless driving conviction in Virginia are some of the strictest in the nation. An allegation is NOT a conviction.
CAUTION: A reckless driving conviction will on average increase the automobile insurance premium by 73% or $1,046 EACH YEAR, according to a study conducted by Insurance.com
Virginia Reckless Driving Penalties Are Harsh
- Maximum 12 month jail sentence
- Maximum $2,500 fine
- Loss of driving privileges
- Permanent criminal conviction
- Increased automobile premiums
- Moving violation demerit points
- Community service
- Driver improvement programs
Experienced Reckless Driving Defense Attorneys Northampton VA
Riley & Wells is a prominent law firm that specializes in defending Northampton County VA reckless driving cases. Our attorneys represent clients accused of reckless driving in the Northampton General District Court. We are dedicated to client service. Our Northampton VA Reckless Driving Attorneys have over 45 years of combined experience. Our law firm has been recognized as a “Best Law Firm” for legal excellence and high ethical standards. Contact a professional for a free consultation.
Top Rated Northampton County VA Reckless Driving Client Reviews
Reckless Driving is a Misdemeanor Criminal Offense in Virginia
Reckless Driving in Northampton County VA is serious business. If the police have issued a Northampton VA reckless driving ticket to you, then you need help. A reckless driving conviction will negatively affect your future. An experienced Northampton VA Reckless Driving Lawyer can protect you. CAUTION: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPRESENT YOURSELF WITHOUT FIRST CONSULTING AN ATTORNEY. A motorist may be convicted of criminal reckless driving for driving 20 mph over the speed limit.
Riley & Wells Attorneys-At-Law Defend Northampton VA Reckless Driving Cases
- 46.2-852 General recklessness
- 46.2-853 Fail to maintain proper control
- 46.2-854 Passing on a grade or curve
- 46.2-855 View obstructed/control impaired
- 46.2-856 Passing two vehicles abreast
- 46.2-857 Driving two abreast
- 46.2-858 Passing at a railroad crossing
- 46.2-859 Passing a stopped school bus
- 46.2-860 Failing to give proper signals
- 46.2-861 Driving too fast conditions
- 46.2-861.1 Failure to “Move Over” or Yield to Stationary Emergency Vehicle
- 46.2-862 Speeding
- 46.2-863 Failure to yield
- 46.2-864 Parking lots
- 46.2-865 Racing
- 46.2-865.1 Injury or death while racing
- 46.2-866 Racing; aiders or abettors
- 46.2-867 Racing; seizure of motor vehicle
- 46.2-868.1 Aggressive Driving
Northampton County VA Reckless Driving Case Dismissed
The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel police and other law enforcement agencies in Northampton County VA strictly enforce U.S. Route 13. In this case, our reckless driving lawyers represented an out-of-state client. We represent clients from other states every week. The allegation involved excessive speed. Our client was unfamiliar with the area. The Deputy Sheriff charged our client with reckless driving. We presented evidence that was important to the case. Our lawyers convinced the Judge to dismiss the case.
Northampton County VA Reckless Driving Client Review
Let us review YOUR case. We can help!