Colonial Heights VA Speeding Ticket Attorneys
A Colonial Heights VA Speeding Ticket is probably the most common type of traffic violation in Colonial Heights VA. DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY OR PAY A SPEEDING TICKET UNTIL YOU HAVE CONSULTED AN ATTORNEY. An experienced attorney can ensure that your rights are protected, that you are not intimidated in the courtroom, and that you increase your chances of securing a better result than you would likely be able to obtain for yourself. A conviction can negatively affect you in many ways as follows:
- Excessive fines and court costs
- Increased automobile insurance premiums
- DMV demerit points
- Possible loss of driving privileges depending on speed and prior convictions
Speeding Ticket Defense Attorneys Colonial Heights VA
Riley & Wells Attorneys-At-Law is a local law firm that has extensive traffic law experience with speed-related cases and is routinely recognized by the legal community for excellence in legal ability and ethical standards. We are the Colonial Heights VA Speeding Ticket Lawyers that clients who are serious about their driving privileges, driving record, and automobile insurance policy want representing them.
Colonial Heights VA Reckless Driving Speeding Ticket Lawyers
The most serious type of speeding ticket in Colonial Heights is the Reckless Driving Speeding Ticket. Virginia law states that a person shall be guilty of reckless driving for driving a motor vehicle at a speed of 20 miles per hour or more above the posted speed limit. As a matter of fact, this law is perhaps the most frequently enforced reckless driving provision and is frequently enforced by Virginia State Troopers & Colonial Heights Police patrolling Interstate 95, as well as throughout Colonial Heights. We defend this type of case before the Courts every day. The facts of each case can vary, but we have the knowledge and expertise to best protect you.
A Colonial Heights Virginia Speeding Ticket may be charged as follows:
- 46.2-862 Reckless Driving – Speeding
- 46.2-870 Speeding
- 46.2-871 Maximum Speed Limit for School Buses
- 46.2-872 Maximum Speed Limits for Vehicles Under Special Permits
- 46.2-873 Speeding in a School Zone or at a School Crossing
- 46.2-873.1 Maximum Speed Limit on Nonsurface Treated Highways
- 46.2-873.2 Maximum Speed Limit on Rural Rustic Roads
- 46.2-874 Speeding in a Business or Residential District
- 46.2-875 Maximum Speed Limit on Certain Other Highways
- 46.2-877 Minimum Speed Limits (Impeding the Flow of Traffic)
- 46.2-878 Authority to Change Speed Limits
- 46.2-878.1 Speeding in a Highway Work Zone
- 46.2-878.2 Maximum Speed Limits in Certain Residential Districts
- 46.2-881 Speeding on Bridges, Tunnels, and Interstates
- 46.2-947 Speeding Within Highway Safety Corridor
Effective Colonial Heights Speeding Ticket Defense
Some people don’t think they need a Colonial Heights Speeding Ticket Attorney to assist them with their speeding ticket. This may be true in certain instances, but what are you going to do when either the Virginia State Trooper or Colonial Heights Police who issued the speeding ticket is present in court and the evidence proves the allegation? Our experienced attorneys have accumulated over 45 years of traffic law experience and know how to best defend each case. We have a clear understanding of Virginia speeding laws, traffic court procedures, procedural and technical defenses, and law enforcement methods of detecting speed such as RADAR, LIDAR, VASCAR, Aerial Speed Measurement, and the use of a police vehicle with a calibrated speedometer. We will examine and analyze your case, and use proven strategies to best defend your particular situation to obtain the best possible outcome.
Let us review YOUR case. We can help!
11/10/2015 | Updated 2/22/2020