Reckless Driving Lawyer Chesterfield VA
The Virginia Reckless Driving Law is strict. If you have been charged with Reckless Driving in Chesterfield County VA, then you need help. It would be in your best interests to consult a Chesterfield VA Reckless Driving Lawyer. A successful and experienced attorney can protect you. In fact, speeding as little as 16 mph over the speed limit on the Interstate can be Reckless Driving. Evidence of speeding 86 mph in a 70 mph zone is a violation of the Virginia reckless driving law.
CAUTION: A Chesterfield VA reckless driving conviction will on average increase the automobile insurance premium by 73% or $1,046 EACH YEAR, according to Insurance.com
Experienced Reckless Driving Defense Attorneys Chesterfield VA
Riley & Wells Attorneys-At-Law is established local Chesterfield VA law firm. Our lawyers have over 45 years of collective reckless driving law experience. We represent clients every week in the Chesterfield County Courts. Our attorneys are recognized for superior legal ability and high ethical standards. We are the Chesterfield VA Reckless Driving Lawyers for drivers who are serious about quality representation. We examine every case in detail. Our attorneys use proven trial strategies to secure each client the best possible outcome. We put our experience to work for you. Do not go to court alone. Do not plead guilty without consulting an attorney. Contact a professional with a successful track record.
Chesterfield County VA Reckless Driving Client Reviews
Virginia Reckless Driving Penalties
- Maximum $2,500 fine
- Loss of driving privileges
- Moving violation demerit points
- Automobile insurance policy increases
- Employment issues
Chesterfield County VA Reckless Driving Speeding Attorneys
Speeding 20 mph over the limit or driving faster than 85 mph violates the reckless driving law. This offense usually takes place on the interstate in Chesterfield VA. State troopers have priority on Interstate 95 and Route 288. Chippenham Parkway and Powhite Parkway are patrolled by troopers and the Chesterfield police. The county police also patrol Midlothian Turnpike, Hull Street and Jefferson Davis Highway. Midlothian, Bon Air & Chester are target areas of enforcement.
Riley & Wells Attorneys-At-Law Can Defend Any Chesterfield VA Reckless Driving Case
- 46.2-852 General rule
- 46.2-853 Fail to maintain proper control
- 46.2-854 Passing on a grade or on a curve
- 46.2-855 View obstructed/control impaired
- 46.2-856 Passing two vehicles abreast
- 46.2-857 Driving two abreast
- 46.2-858 Passing at a railroad crossing
- 46.2-859 Passing a stopped school bus
- 46.2-860 Failing to give proper signals
- 46.2-861 Driving too fast conditions
- 46.2-861.1 Failure to “Move Over” or Yield to Stationary Emergency Vehicles
- 46.2-862 Excessive speed
- 46.2-863 Failure to yield
- 46.2-864 Recklessness in parking lots, etc
- 46.2-865 Racing
- 46.2-865.1 Injury or death while racing
- 46.2-866 Racing; aiders or abettors
- 46.2-867 Racing; seizure of motor vehicle
- 46.2-868.1 Aggressive Driving
Chesterfield County Reckless Driving Speeding 89/70 mph DISMISSED
Our reckless driving lawyers represented a client who was driving 89 mph on the Interstate. The client did not realize this type of speeding was a criminal misdemeanor. Many drivers think you have to be speeding 20 mph or more above the limit to trigger this law. The law also includes driving faster than 85 mph. The prosecution is not required to prove that you were knowingly speeding in violation of the law. This provision frustrates local and out-of-state drivers. We convinced the Judge to dismiss this case.
Chesterfield County Reckless Driving Client Review
Contact Us today for a free case evaluation!
11/10/2015 | Updated 9/14/2020