J. Daniel Vinson
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Violations
- Reckless Driving
- Civil Litigation
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D.
- University of Georgia, B.B.A.
- University of Georgia, B.A.
- Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2023 by Thomson Reuters
- Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch 2024
Daniel Vinson is a Virginia trial lawyer who focuses his practice in the areas of criminal law, driving while intoxicated, reckless driving, and other serious traffic offenses. He has successfully represented thousands of clients before the District & Circuit Courts, including multiple civil and criminal jury trials. Mr. Vinson also has experience representing clients before the Supreme Court of Virginia and the Virginia Court of Appeals.
Mr. Vinson is the former Chair, Vice Chair and former Secretary of the Criminal Law Section of the Virginia State Bar. In this role, he organized and curated the 51st Annual Criminal Law Seminar. He has also previously served as the 6th Circuit Representative on the Virginia State Bar Council.
Mr. Vinson is also highly engaged in serving his community. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Virginia Legal Aid Society and is currently the Chair of its Program Development Committee. He is also a Founder and Director of the Christopher D. Ray Memorial Foundation, which provides financial support for students who are studying in the fields of criminal justice and other areas of public service.
- Former Virginia State Bar Council
- Former Virginia State Bar’s Board of Governors for the Criminal Law Section
- Virginia Legal Aid Society
- Board of Directors of the Christopher D. Ray Memorial Foundation
- Southampton County Bar Association
- Emporia/Greensville Bar Association
J. Daniel Vinson Client Reviews